7.15.2007

Old Friends

Junkyard, Highway 441, Tennessee 2002
Steps and Kudzu, Raleigh, North Carolina 2002

I have been going through a long and laborious process. I am re-scanning all my negs to create larger and better files for printing. Some of these are really fun, others are going through the motions, but I feel that it is work that I need to do. What is really great is that it gives me a chance to re-examine my work. When taken, 5 or 6 years ago, my mind was in a certain place in regards to my photographs. Now I am in a much different place, so looking through the boxes allows me to find gems that I might have left behind.

I believe that this is an exercise that photographers need to go through. Especially if we work on ongoing portfolios of images, the re-look is a helpful tool to guide us or to give us new drive to work.

Right now, I am in love with these images. I can only hope that I continue on this path and create images with the power that these have to satisfy me with my own work. I thought that it would be nice to share these with you this week.

-jwl

No comments: