9.30.2007

Thanks for the Good Times

I would like to thanks everyone who made it out to the closing reception for Nicholas Miramontes' exhibition last night. Nick's friends and family came to see him and witness a bit of his talent on the walls. There were so many family members that I kinda wished we would have had a potluck reception, it was much like a reunion.

I think that best part of the night was the appearance of one Steven Foster. Nick and I studied with Foster at UW-Milwaukee. I think it has been at least 5 years since the three of us were in the same room together, much less celebrating photography together. After viewing Nick's photographs, the Professor came into the studio and I let him see some of the new things I have been working on.

Foster's response to my work was quick but good. Being that there was a reception going on around us, we couldn't have a full on critique like the old days. Despite its quickness, the viewing left me with a good feeling about where my work was headed as well as a feeling of connectedness to my teacher. Nick said it best, Steve's visit was worth the whole shooting match.

Again, I would like to thank Nick's family and friends, my usual reception crowd, Steven Foster, and Pabst for supplying the refreshments. I couldn't do any of this without the great crowds of people around me.

Have a safe trip home Nick.

-jwl

No comments: