2.06.2008

Old Images Reborn

Fancy Feathers, Highway 441, Tennessee 2004 © jwl

I found this image while I was looking through my work for my upcoming Southeastern View show. I love rediscovering old work. Most of the time while I am out making photographs, I will see things along the way that catch my eye. Of course, we all do, especially photographers. These extra images usually don't fit into the mindspace of what I was working on at the time, so I file them away.

Finding how these images fit back into the overall body of work is refreshing and excites me about my work. I love finding an overall arc to the work that I am doing. Sometimes the patterns of my photographs are very obvious and other times they are much more natural and indirect.

This is one of the aspects about photography that makes it a very interesting medium. It is directly associated with the artists eye, interests and personal vision. Even if I didn't know it at the time, this image fit with my body of work integrally without question.

No comments: