6.27.2008

jw lawson SHOW UPDATE

Abandoned Garage, Carter's Valley, Tennessee 2006 ©jwl

Since my last transmission, I found out about two more group shows that I am to participate in. If anyone is in the area, have a look and let me know what you think. If you can make the receptions, I'll be happy to buy you a drink.

My work was accepted to the NORTHERN NATIONAL JURIED ART COMPETITION in Rhinelander, WI. The show will take place at the Nicolet College Art Gallery. This show will be on display July 22 – September 12, 2008. The opening reception will be July 22 at 5:00PM.

In September, I will have work on display at the UW Memorial Union in Madison, WI. Lisa Hostetler, Curator at the Milwaukee Art Museum has chosen my work to be included in PHOTO MIDWEST: A Seven State Photography Competition. I am terribly excited about this show and would like to thank Lisa for her generosity. This show will run from September 26 – November 11, 2008.

1 comment:

kzsebe said...

"Beauty is unbearable, drives us to despair, offering for a minute the glimpse of an eternity we should like to stretch out over the whole of time."
~Albert Camus~

"The aim of art is to snatch a momnet from the remorseless rush of time and reveal that rescued fragment to others."
~Joseph Conrad~