10.27.2010

Things Fall For A Reason

Window, Milwaukee WI 2001 © jwl

I was sifting through a box of negs looking for a possible book cover for next month and the box toppled into the floor leaving the neg sheets in a mess. Needless to say, I was a bit pissed. Until I began resorting them and filing them in order.

Birdbath, Milwaukee WI 2001 © jwl

I found a sheet of 35mm negs simply labeled 'Walking' dated 2001. Given my bent for walks and the book from this year, of course I had to look. See, I haven't shot 35mm film in years and I barely remember making any of these images. That is the beauty of going back through the old negs to see what I failed to see before.

Hearts, Milwaukee WI 2001 © jwl

I scanned a few of the old images from 3 or 4 sheets and I am gonna continue to keep going back. I love what I have found (again) and will say that spilling your artistic guts on the floor can be a positive experience!

No comments: