12.28.2014

What Comes After A Long Wait

It has been over a year since I last posted. It's time to change that. Get back on the horse, as they say.

It's safe to say that I have been less than prolific for the last 3 years. Not that I haven't been taking photographs, I just haven't been processing or producing them. In fact, a couple of months ago I processed many rolls of film that had been patiently waiting their turn. The time has come! I have several new images to share and possibly some new ideas about them. I hope you enjoy what I have to offer.

Billboards & House, Near I-75, KY 2014 ©jwl

I have been taking drives every Saturday to look for images in the surrounding region. I am trying my best to get into a working habit of spending Saturdays working either on finding and collecting images or dealing with the fruit of that labor. I have learned that I am a Man Of Habit and so I need to schedule myself Work/Studio time or I just won't be very productive.

Playing with my old Billboard theme while also trying to expand my formal sense, this is a new photograph that I am proud of. I rather enjoy how it gives an idea of the Southeastern landscape as well as a glimpse into the ever evolving roadside environment. I guess that's what I am looking to accomplish. If you see something more, feel free to share. I look forward to some feedback and engagement with art again.


No comments: