12.29.2014

New Orleans

Window Queen, New Orleans LA 2014 ©jwl

In the early months of 2014, I took a vacation with my (soon to be) fiance to New Orleans. I hadn't been there since before that big flood. In fact, I didn't have too good a time the last time I was there, so I didn't think I was gonna go back.

Luckily, Kim and I took the trip. It was a fine time for she and I to have a little adventure. It was also about time for me to dust off the Mamiya 6 and see if I could get it to make some pretty things for me. I reconnected with this beautiful city and it's uniqueness both visually and spiritually. I look forward to a return trip.

I saw this Lady after brunch and decided to harness the power of Chad Pelton and hopefully inspire him to join me in NOLA to add to our everlong Rivertown project. We have yet to clear that up, but we have plenty of time for that.

Payphone, New Orleans LA 2014 ©jwl

I found this delightful reminder of a bygone time after seeking out some beignets & coffee in City Park. I am starting to re-categorize my images. I have a lot of repeated offenses of the American Landscape, several different disposable themes all over the country. Empty Phone booths are in no short supply.

I know it was almost a year ago, but I want thank Noah Antieau @ Red Truck Gallery for his incredible hospitality and guidance while we were in his fine city. It was also great to have a few talks with Noah regarding art and the making of it. I met him years ago at Art Chicago and I put him high on the list of True Humans. He is a connection I hope to keep for years to come.

No comments: